Welcome Wildcats to the 2021 school year!
We are excited to be back at our newly renovated campus. Here is a bit of Winchester’s History:
The Pleasant Valley School District built the first Winchester School in 1883 on the North End of Washington Road in Winchester. The one-room schoolhouse was the first school in the area.
Seven years later in 1890, a new school building was constructed at the current Winchester Elementary School campus. The 5 acre parcel was donated by the Rice family. The brick building included a bell tower and four rooms on two floors. The building was torn down in 1899 due to a significant decline in population.
In 1915 a new two-room Schoolhouse was constructed near the current 200 and 300 buildings. The building was torn down around 1955 when the school building was constructed. Bricks which were used in the old 1890 School House have been found on site near the current 200 and 500 under buildings
The recent renovations and additions to the campus include newly constructed classrooms, a new library media center, fully remodeled classrooms and expanded Administration areas
These new learning spaces will support Hemet Unified's efforts to Embrace Educate and Empower; every student, every day and promote the continuance of the Winchester educational legacy for years to come.